Curbside Recycling Program
- Newspapers: The entire newspaper including inserts.
- Aluminum, steel, and bimetal: Food and beverage cans only.
- Glass: Food and beverage containers only.
- Plastic: Food and beverage containers marked #1 through #7
- Plastic: Detergent and soap containers marked #1 through #7
- Cartons / Aseptic containers: Milk, juice, etc.
- Misc paper: Magazines, phone books, junk mail, cardboard.
Do not recycle:
- Containers with excessive foods or liquids
- Containers that contained hazardous materials
- Shredded paper.
- Styrofoam, aluminum foil, pie tins, etc…
- Light bulbs, Christmas lights, window glass, ceramics, china, etc.
- Plastic wrap, plastic bags, toys, flowerpots, garden hoses, etc.
- Clothing, blankets, household linens, furniture, etc.
- Plastics not marked #1 through #7.
- Scrap metal, batteries, chains, car parts, pots & pans, knives, etc.
- needles, syringes, medical waste, or sharps.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What day is my trash pickup?
East side of township is on Monday
West side of township is on Wednesday
*The first pick-up day of the month, bulk pickup is available.
You can call Republic Customer Service to be verify at 440-458-5191 or 1-800-433-1309
What holidays effect my trash pickup?
On these days, trash will be delayed one (1) day if the holiday is during the week – New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, & Christmas Day
If something happens to my containers or I need one because I do not have one, what do I do?
Call Republic Services Customer Service at 440-458-5191 or 1-800-433-1309 and they will be able to help you.
As a New Russia Township resident, I heard we get one (1) free dumpster at our house per year. is this true?
Yes, there are stipulations in requesting the need for a dumpster. For example, you cannot request a dumpster just to throw trash away. For info on stipulations, you can contact the Administrative Office at 440-775-7782 ext 102. To request a dumpster, contact our Zoning Inspector, and a permit will be issued and signed by the Zoning Inspector and property owner. The signed paperwork is then sent to Republic Services, who will be in contact with you, the property owner, for drop off and pickup details.
What day is bulk trash picked up and what do they pick up?
The first pickup of the month. For more information about what is permitted, please call Republic Services Customer Service at 440-458-5191 or 1-800-433-1309.
What are landfill passes and how do I get one?
Landfill passes are available to residents of New Russia Township. For more information, please contact the administrative offices at 44-775-7782.
What do I do if my trash does not get picked up?
Call Republic Services Customer Service at 440-458-5191 or 1-800-433-1309