One of Republic Services’ key goals is to reduce recycling contamination. In other words, we want to make sure people are only putting plastics, aluminum, paper, cardboard and glass in their recycling containers.
- Milk jugs
- Detergent containers
- Water bottles
- Soda bottles
- Clean, hard plastic food containers
- Grocery and sandwich bags
- Polystyrene foam
- Bubble wrap
- Garden hoses
- Aluminum soda cans
- Metal cans from vegetables, fruit or beans
- Metal cans from meat, fish or pet food
- Aluminum foil
- Razor blades
- Pop tabs (on their own)
- Bottle caps (on their own)
- Mail and magazines
- Office paper
- Notebook paper
- Mixed-media mail & packaging
- Shredded paper
- Wet paper
- Small sticky notes
- Food boxes-cereal, crackers or cookies
- Shipping boxes
- Moving boxes
- Milk and juice cartons (rinsed)
- Greasy pizza boxes
- Packing peanuts
- Plastic inside boxes
- Unrinsed milk and juice cartons
Republic Services will also be doing its part to educate residents:
- Our recycling center located at 43650 Oberlin Elyria Road is available for tours, so any residents are welcome to schedule a tour and visit.
- Republic Services is hitting the streets and looking inside recycling containers; in some places, we are putting “Oops” tags or “Thank You!” tags on containers to correct/reinforce behavior. In other places, we will be putting stickers on containers showing what to recycle.
- Republic Services plans to begin auditing and grading recycling loads from cities/townships; we hope to provide your city/township with a report on the state of your city’s contamination.
With the recycling industry struggling due to China’s exit from the commodity market, recycling responsibly has never been more important. Our plant is not built to process waste, it can only process recyclables in our program. Therefore, educating residents to recycle responsibly is essential and wholeheartedly appreciated.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What day is my trash pickup?
East side of township is on Friday
West side of township is on Wednesday
You can call Republic Customer Service to be verify at 440-458-5191 or 1-800-433-1309 or visit their website: https://www.republicservices.com/
What holidays effect my trash pickup?
If something happens to my containers or I need one because I do not have one, what do I do?
As a New Russia Township resident, I heard we get one (1) free dumpster at our house per year. is this true?
What day is bulk trash picked up and what do they pick up?
East Side of Township: The Friday of the fourth full week of the month.
West Side of the Township: The Wednesday of the third full week of the month.
*Please have items out the day before in case of an early morning pickup.
For more information about what is permitted, please call Republic Services Customer Service at 440-458-5191 or 1-800-433-1309.