Curbside Recycling Program
- Newspapers: The entire newspaper including inserts.
- Aluminum, steel, and bimetal: Food and beverage cans only.
- Glass: Food and beverage containers only.
- Plastic: Food and beverage containers marked #1 through #7
- Plastic: Detergent and soap containers marked #1 through #7
- Cartons / Aseptic containers: Milk, juice, etc.
- Misc paper: Magazines, phone books, junk mail, cardboard.
Do not recycle:
- Containers with excessive foods or liquids
- Containers that contained hazardous materials
- Shredded paper.
- Styrofoam, aluminum foil, pie tins, etc…
- Light bulbs, Christmas lights, window glass, ceramics, china, etc.
- Plastic wrap, plastic bags, toys, flowerpots, garden hoses, etc.
- Clothing, blankets, household linens, furniture, etc.
- Plastics not marked #1 through #7.
- Scrap metal, batteries, chains, car parts, pots & pans, knives, etc.
- needles, syringes, medical waste, or sharps.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What day is my trash pickup?
East side of
West side of
You can call Republic Customer Service to
What holidays effect my trash pickup?
If something happens to my containers or I need one because I do not have one, what do I do?
As a New Russia Township resident, I heard we get one (1) free dumpster at our house per year. is this true?
What day is bulk trash picked up and what do they pick up?
East Side of Township: The Monday of the second full week of the month.
West Side of the Township: The Wednesday of the first full week of the month.
*Please have items out the day before in case of an early morning pickup.
For more information about what is permitted, please call Republic Services Customer Service at 440-458-5191 or 1-800-433-1309.